Installation/ Commissioning Manager – Courseulles (RTE)
We believe in sustainable energy and that together we can achieve the energy transition. To this end, we offer comprehensive project management and consulting services for offshore wind energy as well as energy transmission projects and help our customers achieve this goal. Our teams of experts accompany major energy utilities and project developers worldwide on this transformational journey. KODIAK ensures that your project is optimally supported and implemented from its early development stages to its final execution. Our motto: Innovative solutions, well aligned teams and a high level of technical expertise.
The scope of action of the HSE surveys project manager covers the tender and implementation phases. Depending on when he/she is mobilised, he/she could be involved in the entire process. This is a very cross-functional position, as it supports all projects in the development phase (or even the implementation phase). He/she could also be involved in the heritage survey phases corresponding to activities in the O&M phase, the aim of which is, in particular, to detect any outcrops of high-voltage cables on the seabed following sedimentary movements.
The Installation & Commissioning Manager will be part of the COURSEULLES project team. He/she will work under the responsibility of a senior I&C Manager currently in place in the project. His activity will be coordinated by the main I&C Manager. He/she will be accompanied by a "referent" I&C Manager (based in Nantes) who will provide him/her with the technical reference system for carrying out his/her activities.
His/her main mission will be to support the main I&C Manager in the supervision of RTE's work at the COURSEULLES Offshore Substation during the final phase of the connection project.
The scope of supervision will cover all operations carried out at the Offshore Substation by RTE teams (maintenance teams, engineering teams) and by RTE subcontractors (PPL, Cap'Solar, SDELCC). His field of intervention will cover HSE, quality and the achievement of performance objectives for the work.
Your responsibilities in this role will include the following:
– Ensure that activities are conducted in accordance with engineering/contract/specification procedures, in a safe and efficient manner, and where necessary contribute to their improvement
– To manage the delivery and transfer processes of RTE materials to the Generator/Customer platform
– Leading the Permits to Work processes issued by the Customer/Generator for TEN works on the platform
– Leading the preparation of operations to ensure that all aspects of the work are planned and executed correctly:
· Ensure that deliverables from RTE contractors are compliant, prepared and validated on time
· Ensure that the operations control plans are prepared on time
· Ensure that RTE personnel and equipment are ready for mobilisation on time
· Ensure that all TEN transport means/equipment are ready for mobilisation in time
· Ensure that the requirements requested by the Customer are compliant, prepared and validated in time
– Direct the execution of the platform operations to ensure their proper execution, by being regularly on site, and by associating as much as necessary the project support functions (HSE, contract management, PMO, quality, document management):
· Guarantee a high level of HSE on the operation
· Ensure the daily coordination of work carried out by RTE and RTE's service providers, in conjunction with the Customer
· Ensure that Permits to Work are applied for in accordance with the procedure and in time, and ensure that the Customer follows up on their issue
· Ensure the inspection with the Client for the transfer of RTE equipment and validate the transfer certificates
– Ensure the reporting of the operations on the Platform to the Project Management and the Batch Leaders
The mission will require a significant amount of time at sea, on board the Offshore Station, either for stays of approximately 1 week at sea, or for periods of one week with daily return trips by Crew Transfer Vessel.
The missions at sea will alternate with those of the main I&C Manager who will be present in the offices. On board the Offshore Station, Client Representatives will support RTE's monitoring/control missions.
Apart from travel at sea, the home office will be Palatin (Paris La Defense), although teleworking is possible (minimum 2 days per week in Paris during office weeks).
To be considered for this role your experiences will include the following:
- Degree in engineering or post-graduate diploma, ideally specialising in marine engineering
- Significant experience of working on offshore platforms, if possible in cable hook-up operations
- Significant experience in low voltage commissioning operations in the oil & gas or renewable energy sectors
- Familiar with the QHSE regulations and rules of the offshore environment
- Good understanding of technical and contractual interfaces
- Ability to defend RTE's interests in a relationship with the Customer
- Team management and coordination skills
- Fluency in English and French required (written and oral)
- Rigour and resistance to stress
- A definite taste for the field, mobility for stays at sea
- Qualification to work on offshore platforms: GWO Basic Safety Training; if the candidate is not trained, this training will have to be set up at the very beginning of the mission.
- Mastery of the HV and LV fields is a plus (good knowledge of LV required as a minimum); H0V-B0 authorisation is required for the job; if the candidate is not authorised, this training will have to be carried out at the very beginning of the mission
What we can offer you:
- Various hybrid working models including remote working and flexible working hours
- Individual offers for further training and development
- Special conditions and personal offers with high end brands via our Corporate Benefits platform
- Company pension plan with an above average employer subsidy
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com