Offshore Operations Engineer Yeu Noirmoutier (RTE)
We believe in sustainable energy and that together we can achieve the energy transition. To this end, we offer comprehensive project management and consulting services for offshore wind energy as well as energy transmission projects and help our customers achieve this goal. Our teams of experts accompany major energy utilities and project developers worldwide on this transformational journey. KODIAK ensures that your project is optimally supported and implemented from its early development stages to its final execution. Our motto: Innovative solutions, well aligned teams and a high level of technical expertise.
The scope of action of the HSE surveys project manager covers the tender and implementation phases. Depending on when he/she is mobilised, he/she could be involved in the entire process. This is a very cross-functional position, as it supports all projects in the development phase (or even the implementation phase). He/she could also be involved in the heritage survey phases corresponding to activities in the O&M phase, the aim of which is, in particular, to detect any outcrops of high-voltage cables on the seabed following sedimentary movements.
The Offshore Operations Engineer will be part of the project team, and will be placed under the functional authority of the Subsea Link Package Manager. He/she will work in collaboration with the Lead Project Engineer of the Subsea Link Package (LSM).
He will be attached to the Subsea Engineering department and will be integrated into the "Maritime Operations" network to share operating procedures, engineering practices and feedback.
His/her role will be to manage the preparation and monitoring of operations to be carried out by PPL or its subcontractors, in agreement with the LSM batch leader, and in accordance with the engineering rules of the ISM department.
Your responsibilities in this role will include the following:
· carry out the documentary review of the contractors' deliverables for the preparation of operations;
· participate in meetings with contractors on the preparation of the operation;
· contribute to the preparation of documents for the authorities;
· reconcile weather standby potential in relation to operations;
· prepare the control plan for the operation, and manage its implementation;
· contribute to the HSE risk analysis of the operation and to HSE controls throughout the works;
· report to the LSM Batch Manager and the Lead Project Engineer;
· ensure the follow-up of Client Reps during the operations if necessary;
· liaise with the various external parties involved in the project in order to ensure the smooth running of operations (FLO, MWS, AMOA, CSPS, works controller, etc.);
· contribute to the monitoring of risks and opportunities on the schedule, quality and costs;
· participate in feedback and experience sharing meetings, particularly within the "Maritime Operations" skills network.
The Offshore Operations Engineer will be expected to carry out short and ad hoc assignments on board vessels in operation. He/she will be likely to be on call during the operational phases.
To be considered for this role your experiences will include the following:
· A degree in engineering or a postgraduate diploma, ideally specialising in marine engineering;
· At least 5 years experience in the field of offshore operations (note: the Contractor will ensure that the profile proposed is reasonably commensurate with the position and responsibilities proposed. In particular, he will take care to avoid "extremes", i.e. too little or too much experience);
· Fluency in English and French is mandatory (written and oral);
· Ability to adapt to an existing project team;
· Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead all stakeholders in a project perfectly;
· Resistance to stress;
· Strong synthesis skills;
· Writing skills;
What we can offer you:
- Various hybrid working models including remote working and flexible working hours
- Individual offers for further training and development
- Special conditions and personal offers with high end brands via our Corporate Benefits platform
- Company pension plan with an above average employer subsidy
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org