Better call KODIAK
The management and interface coordination of technical packages are key elements of large infrastructure projects. In these activities, the owner’s engineer or EPC manager plays a crucial role. He serves as a technically experienced advocate for the interests of the client and represents those interests towards all third parties. Our goal is to ensure that all manufacturing, construction, and service companies adhere to the project specifications and prioritize the interests of the project owner.
EPCI contractor & technical package management
With numerous suppliers and stakeholders involved in a project, it can be challenging to ensure that technical requirements are met on time, within budget, and to the previously specified quality. KODIAK coordinates all commercial and technical packages and contractors to achieve project objectives, with a clear focus on ensuring efficient and effective execution.
- Conducting market engagement and developing supply chain and contracting strategy
- Managing EPCI contractors for onshore and offshore projects, monitoring all project phases and integrating all technical packages
By ensuring a fair and transparent selection of the best-suited bidders and suppliers, KODIAK can help clients reduce project risks and costs, whilst promoting the efficient delivery of high-quality renewable energy projects.
- Preparing the tender documentation, including scope of work (SoW), technical specifications, and contractual terms and conditions
- Identifying and prequalifying potential bidders and suppliers
- Managing the tender process
- Negotiating contracts with the selected bidder or supplier
- Coordinating the handover of technical and commercial requirements to the project team for successful project execution
Management of component design & manufacturing
Component design is a complex engineering task. Foundation design requirements for instance include gravity load, thrust and associated overturning moment, natural frequency, fatigue strength, personnel access, cable entry and support. Foundation design needs to take account of both wind and wave loading and, in some instances, must consider also other environmental conditions such as earthquakes, typhoons and sea ice. Cable design for example needs to consider required transmission capacity under specific load conditions whilst at the same time respecting environmental limitations with regards to soil temperature changes etc. KODIAK has a track record in both offshore and onshore component design and manufacturing management.
- Establishing design basis with relevant stakeholders
- Managing (pre) FEED and detailed design process
- Supervising and accompanying manufacturing process for major components such as foundations (FOU), substations (OSS), wind turbines (WTG), export cables, inner array cables (IAC) and interconnector cables against specifications
Coordination of transport & installation
Supervision of the transportation & installation process is crucial for the success and safety of our clients’ renewable energy projects. It involves the oversight of all activities related to the movement and placement of equipment to the construction site and the management of the installation on site. KODIAK has a comprehensive background in managing T&I operations and ensures that all work is carried out in accordance with the highest safety standards and industry best practices.
- Launching geophysical and geotechnical site investigation campaigns including UXO identification and removal
- Coordinating site preparation and seabed intervention works such as dredging or rock dumping in compliance with regulations and minimize environmental impact
- Preparing logistics concept and define T&I vessel and equipment set-up, considering environmental, commercial and technical constraints
- Overseeing transportation and installation of components such as export cables, inner-array cables (IAC), interconnector cables, foundations (FOU) substations (OSS), and wind turbines (WTG)
Explore tailored project management solutions for renewable energy projects with KODIAK, your reliable partner.
Offshore wind energy
We support our clients in all technical packages providing services for the manufacturing and installation of foundations, cables, offshore substations, and wind turbine generators.
Our experts cover the entire technical portfolio from HVDC/AC transmission and interconnectors to converters and large battery systems.
We have expertise in electrolyzer connections, process-/gas treatment and balance of plant as well as H2-Pipeline construction and natural gas pipeline redesignation.